- You are a worker constructing the Minotaur’s labryinth – How did you design it? Why did you do it that way? What materials did you choose? Tell what decisions you make. How did you design the maze?
- You are a potter decorating a Minoan vase – What are you painting? What colors are you using? What happens while you are painting?
- You are the Minotaur – tell your story
- You are a painter decorating a Minoan palace – What are you painting? What colors are you using? What happens while you are painting?
- You are a Minoan trader – Tell about your goods and where you are going? Tell the story of what happens during your journey. Who is with you? What happens?
- Write an article for a newspaper entitled "Yesterday's Bull Riding Extravaganza."
- Create a travel advice article for people traveling to Knossos, Troy or Mycenae.
- Where do you think Atlantis is? Why?
- If you were an archeologist searching for Atlantis what would you do? Write down your plan and your back-up plan if the first one doesn’t work out.
- Pretend you are either Odysseus or his wife. What happens after you kick the suitors out of the house and reunite with your wife?
- Trojan War – You are a soldier inside the horse – tell your story
- Trojan War – You are Helen – Tell your story
- You are traveling with Odysseus. Write about one of your adventures.
- Make up your own Greek Myth
- Retell a Greek Myth
- Select a temple and Create a tourist brochure for your temple.
- You are an athlete – What is your sport? How do you train? Who are your competitors? What are your chances of winning?
- You are an athlete – Tell the story about what happened when you met one of the athletes from another city state. How was the meeting? Were you friends for life or mortal enemies?
- Write a brochure advertising the first Olympics
Government and City States
- Is the American Election Process fair? Why or why not? If not, how would you change it?
- Lycurgus – Select one or two of his laws and write about why you think they were good or bad
- You are leading a Helots revolt. Tell your story.
- You are a Helot soldier fighting against the Spartans. Tell your story.
- You are a Spartan woman making clothes, what kind of clothes are you making? Where do you get the material? Who will wear them?
- You are a hungry Spartan boy – What do you do and how does it turn out?
- You are the Spartan Army chef – Write about your day – what will you serve? Where will you get it?
- You are a worker building the Parthenon. Tell your story.
- You are a Greek boat builder – What kind of boat are you building? How is it constructed? How big is it? What will it be used for?
- Make up a story about a pretend disagreement between Themistocles and Aristides.
- Why was Themistocles a successful leader? How did his leadership skills help him to get what he wanted? Think about how Themistocles got Xerxes to leave the country.
- Would you prefer to be governed by Themistocles or Aristides? Why?
- Write about how Greek sculpture influenced the art we have today.
Teaching Blog Addict
History and Geography