The finished sweater fit beautifully, but there was one thing I found quite awkward with the design. The front portion where the buttons and button holes are placed was cast on at the beginning, but knitted at the end. The five or so stitches on each side were placed on stitch holders while the front and back were knitted. The long strip then required a seam all the way up on both sides of the sweater to attach it. I had forgotten about this, but if I was going to create this sweater for the third time I would definitely knit these stitches in place while I was knitting the front and back.
* I did not receive any compensation for this recommendation. I'm just a homeschooling mom who has found many products that I like. If you're interested in the products I recommend on this blog I want to make it easy for you to find them.
** I am an Amazon associate and receive a small portion of the sales on orders made after clicking in from this site, which I promptly spend on homeschooling books and supplies for my children.