Although this year the kids are writing about any topic they choose, last year they completed many writing assignments in conjunction with our Mesopotamia/Persia studies.
- Write about the differences between Viking, Celtic, Scythian and Persian houses.
- Write about clothing in ancient Mesopotamia. How was it made? What did they wear?
- Create a timeline for Mesopotamia detailing the six most important events. Illustrate your timeline.
- How did Sumerian inventions change the way people lived?
- What job would you like to have had in Sumer? Why?
- Why can't people live on the Marshes in southern Iraq when there is no water?
Cyrus the Great
- What do you think are the five most important human rights every person should have? Why?
- Pretend you are interviewing Cyrus the Great. Write down at least five questions and his answers.
- Write about Darius' Canal in Egypt. Why was it significant? How did they build it?
- Pretend you are entering Persepolis for the first time. Describe in detail what you see.
- How were the Spartans different from the Persians?
- The Royal Road - Why was it important? How was it like the Pony Express? How is it like our modern highway system?
- Create a timeline detailing the events of the Battle of Marathon.
- Write about how Celtic Art is different from Persian Art.
- Write about how Celtic society is different from Persian society.
- Write about the most interesting Persian King.