Friday, October 4, 2013

Historical Apple Press - Entertaining and Educational

Thank you all for linking up each week. I just love all the great ideas. Who ever thought you could make your own hydraulic lift system at home?

Navigating by Joy tried it and the project is inspiring me to consider studying engineering for science next year. Make sure you check out this awesome project!




A friend and I along with our total of 6 kids went on a 10 km walk this weekend.

The destination was a small, but charming fall festival.


For us the highlight of the festival was the historic apple press.

After filling the wooden trough with a bucket of apples, four men worked together to roll the large grindstone over the apples.

Next it was pressed,

and then sold for us all to enjoy.

Bratwurst for all! We do live in Germany, and brats are the popular food at all festivals.

On the way back we stopped to swing.

and admire the sunflowers.

We were gone for five hours and spent 1.5 hours at the festival. It was a lovely, cold, and a bit damp walk.

What kind of Entertaining and Educational activities have been keeping you busy this week? Please link-up below.

This post is linked to:
Bloom Designs Online
Saturday Show and Tell
Home Grown Learners
Family Fun Friday
InstaFriday

10 comments:

  1. Very interesting! I am sure that was fun to watch! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see a historic apple press at work! I am very impressed about the 10k walk - I would never be able to convince my family to do that. Thanks for hosting the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely wonderful apple press. I am afraid that we have not done much for Fall this year yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also impressed with all the walking and running you do. I love how you find opportunities for learning and fun everywhere. Thanks for mentioning our hydraulic activity :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. T hat is a cool Apple press. It sounds like you guys had a great time at the festival!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great looking walk with plenty to keep the children entertained along the way

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting! Thank you for the invite to join in and link with you! I appreciate it and am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat week. The apple press is really interesting.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh... I lost your blog and haven't been on in a LONG time. I'm so glad I found it again in InstaFriday... I knew instantly your pictures were from Germany. Beautiful sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful way to spend time together. I would love to have seen that apple press. :-) Featuring at Family Fun Friday! Monica
    http://www.happyandblessedhome.com/category/family-fun/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...