Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Building 3D Math and Engineering Skills


Imagability Wedgits and Design Cards teach and withstand the test of time. We received this toy as a gift eight years ago and the kids are still playing with it.

Wedgits are square shaped 3 dimensional pieces that fit together and are fun to build with.

Using the cards as a guide is similar to following the instructions from an engineering drawing to build a sub-assembly. There are four levels of difficulty on the design cards. It took me a while to figure out how to build the designs from the fourth level when we first got this toy. They are challenging for my 9 year old, but he is figuring them out.

While putting together this post I noticed that there is a set of advanced card designs. I put it into my Amazon cart.

  





* I did not receive any compensation for this recommendation. I'm just a homeschooling mom who has found many products that I like. If you're interested in the products I recommend on this blog I want to make it easy for you to find them. 
 ** I am an Amazon associate and receive a small portion of the sales on orders made after clicking in from this site, which I promptly spend on homeschooling books and supplies for my children.

3 comments:

  1. I have Wedgits in my kindergarten classroom. Such a fabulous toy. Equally enjoyed by boys and girls, and both challenging and successful for everyone. I love them. Another building toy that gets my whole-hearted stamp of approval is magna-tiles. Found you through the Playtime linkie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. We have Magna-Tiles and I like them even more than Wedgits. They are great for engineering skills.

      Delete
  2. These look really fun and great for challenging your mind!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...