Friday, March 15, 2013

Hobbies and Handicrafts - March 15

Hobbies and Handicrafts is a weekly link-up for educators to share the hobbies and crafts of their kids. I love it when kids take the lead and get excited about good quality activities.

Two weeks ago I visited my doctor because I've been feeling terrible. Headaches, dizzy, couldn't read to the kids because I couldn't concentrate and fell asleep, hungry all the time, and felt like I was going to pass out were some of my crazy symptoms. It turns out I was low on Vitamin D. Well we live in Germany and it's the end of winter. I run several days per week, but it's in the dark. Days are short and cloudy. Not to mention I have spent more time indoors this winter due to my daughter's Leukemia. I should have known it was Vitamin D.

Since finding out the root cause of my issues we have been taking daily walks. I wait until the sun is out to do my run. Having five sunny days in a row just after finding the problem was just plain luck. Now I feel great!

Boogs at Keitha's Chaos ran his first race. He ran but almost didn't get to because of illness. Physical activity is so important and many of us don't get enough of it. Spending time outside is just as important. Running is a great way to get outdoor time and physical activity. After all, we all need Vitamin D.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What have your kids been up to?
 
  • Link-up to your post URL
  • Include a link back to this page in your post
  • Check out what others have seen





3 comments:

  1. Glad you found out the cause! We're also looking forward to spending more time outdoors as the weather gets warmer and brighter. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roll on spring!!
    I feel a bit guilty linking up something that, ultimately, I stole from you as an idea. Feel free to remove it!
    Have a great weekend, with lots of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's great. I'm glad you found the idea useful, plus you linked back to the Atom post.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...