Monday, February 18, 2013

Leukemia - How is Jemma? - Day 246

My sister-in-law is back at home and we will all miss her. It was the first time I have ever spent more than an afternoon with her. She played tons of games with the kids and helped us clean every day. My favorite thing she did was help to modify a few kid behavioral issues.

While playing pretty much any game the kids gloated when winning and carried on while losing. Her strong personality put an end to that in one day and now it is much more pleasant to play games with them. After playing Monopoly and witnessing their poor sportsmanship she refused to play the next night. They were shocked. She laid out a few rules and said she would only play if those rules were adhered to. They changed immediately! Thank you Aunt Kerri.

Time spent at the hospital continues to add up as we have been there the last three days in a row. The blood sample which was taken on Saturday clotted in the test tube and could not be processed. So we had to return on Sunday to try again. Today at the hospital Jemma received the fifth dose of L'aspariginase. 

Jemma's blood is finally showing slight signs of recovery after two weeks without chemotherapy. Unfortunately her immune system is still very weak, but her platelet and hemoglobin levels increased for the first time in weeks. Hopefully Jemma's blood check on Thursday will lead to a continuation of chemotherapy on Friday morning.



3 comments:

  1. Very nice. I like your sis in law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to hold any line when you are emotionally drained. I have loved the many times my friends/sisters have stepped in when I needed the backup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I borrow your sister in law for my kids she sounds tough:) My kids are horrible at playing games with each other which is why we no longer have game night. I prefer one on one games with each child. Makes it so much easier.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...