Monday, December 24, 2012

Leukemia - How is Jemma? - Day 190

Merry Christmas! Thank you for checking in on Jemma this Christmas Eve.
Jemma continues to be low on energy while eating a ton of food. We spent about five hours today in the hospital so she could receive three different chemotherapy medicines. She had Vincristine, L'asparaginase and Doxorubicin. Then she was surprised to receive a Christmas gift from the hospital staff.

Both Jemma and her older sister were both looking forward to the hospital visit and had big plans for their time there. Last night they planned new outfits for their favorite stuffed animals and cut out the pieces of material. Then in the hospital they sewed most of the morning.

I was looking forward to the morning at the hospital too. It was a break from cooking and cleaning after all. While they were busy sewing, I tried to knit between my time bringing urine samples to the nurses station, getting food for my always hungry child, trying to figure out why the iv and blood pressure machines were beeping and calling the nurse when plugging them in didn't work, and assisting Jemma with her sewing project. By the time I got home I was two rows further along then when I arrived. (I did have to rip out 10 rows due to a bad mistake.)

I'm just happy Jemma's therapy is progressing and she is doing well. Tomorrow we will celebrate Christmas as we normally like to do on Christmas morning. All three kids are looking forward to it. I hope you have a Merry Christmas with your families.

2 comments:

  1. I hope Jemma and you will be home for Christmas day, spending it with the rest of your family. Merry Christmas and may the New Year bring all you and yours deserve:)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...