Thursday, December 13, 2012

Leukemia - How is Jemma? - Day 179

Just like everyone else we are busy preparing for Christmas. Jemma is well into her two week break from chemotherapy and doing well. Treatment is set to resume on Monday with a bone marrow withdraw.

We are still missing the Grandmas. It was very nice to be able to leave Jemma at home while I dropped the other kids off at sporting practices. I would like to say a special thank you to my mother-in-law. She not only helped cook, clean and take care of the kids, but told me how to cure my headaches.

I have had headaches almost every night for a few years. My blood pressure is very low, I fall asleep easily and frequently feel dizzy. My headaches and other symptoms go away when I travel and when I'm in the hospital with Jemma. Just before she left she said "you're probably low on sodium. Why don't you try eating some more salt?" I added a little to my oatmeal and made sure it was included in my other meals. It's been almost a week since she made that statement and I feel great. So thank you very much for solving my problem too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...