Monday, October 1, 2012

Gondola Boats

When we read the book Papa Piccolo by Carol Talley as part of the Five in a Row curriculum, I figured gondola boats were a thing of the past. Well they're not. In Venice, Italy tourists love taking rides in gondola boats. We saw lots of them. I would highly recommend this cute children's book to anyone with little ones.



jdaniel4smom I Can Teach My Child Tuesday Tots
* I did not receive any compensation for this recommendation. I'm just a homeschooling mom who has found many products that I like. If you're interested in the products I recommend on this blog I want to make it easy for you to find them. 
** I am an Amazon associate and receive a small portion of the sales on orders made after clicking in from this site, which I promptly spend on homeschooling books and supplies for my children.

4 comments:

  1. Papa Piccolo is one of our favorites! It was fun to be able to reference it this week as we learned about Marco Polo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this book before. It sounds wonderful. JDaniel saw gondolas in a book and was asking about them. I will have to look for this book.

    Thank your for linking to Read.Explore.Learn. I will be sharing this post on the Read.Explore.Learn. Facebook page today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it with my son a few years ago when we were doing Five in a Row and then revisited it with my youngest child. I think we did activities like finding Italy on the map.

      Anyway, it should be easy to find. Even our small library on the air force base here in Germany has it.

      Delete
  3. How fun! I've never read the book, but have heard of it from FIAR friends. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...