Saturday, September 22, 2012

Venice, Italy

 Venice is a city of canals. Built on a lagoon reaching into the Adriatic Sea, it is a great place to visit.

Gesuati and Giorgio Maggiore are just two of the amazing Churches in Venice. Gesuati is a relatively new church, built during the 18th century in the Rococo style. San Giorgio Maggiore was built in the 16th century and is one of just a few structures on a small island.

Venetian Masks are worn during annual carnival festivals.

Before visiting Venice we read about the famous explorer Marco Polo. We enjoyed the books Marco Polo's Adventures in China by Milton Rugoff and The Adventures of Marco Polo by Russell Freedman.
jdaniel4smom

* I did not receive any compensation for this recommendation. I'm just a homeschooling mom who has found many products that I like. If you're interested in the products I recommend on this blog I want to make it easy for you to find them. 
** I am an Amazon associate and receive a small portion of the sales on orders made after clicking in from this site, which I promptly spend on homeschooling books and supplies for my children.

4 comments:

  1. I loved Venice went there during Carnival, we didn't realize it until we arrived the customs where amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What adventure Marco Polo had! I love that you read books before you visit. Thank you for linking to Read.Explore.Learn. I just started a Facebook page for Read.Explore.Learn. and featured this post on it yesterday.http://www.facebook.com/ReadExploreLearn/posts/446729025365372

    ReplyDelete
  3. We studied Marco Polo last year and read one of the "Who Was?" books about him... very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I would love to visit Venice someday. We recently read a picture biography of Marco Polo by Demi that is fantastic.

    Thanks for linking up to RAT!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...