Thursday, September 13, 2012

Leukemia - How is Jemma? - Day 88

It's been a busy week with lots of hospital trips, but luckily they were all planned. Jemma's blood is finally somewhat stable again and she is proceeding with treatment.

I have felt completely overwhelmed trying to fit in numerous hospital trips, school, cooking and laundry. Without help from my husband and mother things would be much worse. Today my mother and husband gave me some wonderful advice. Go running! Running is usually a very high priority item on my schedule, but staying up late working on my business and blog have resulted in oversleeping in the morning. My run has been the sad victim. Anyway, today I went in the middle of the afternoon. With no pressing commitment upon returning, I was able to stay out extra long. It turned out to be exactly what I needed.
As you can see the kids don't feel bothered by this in the least. They have been busy learning, playing and eating as usual. Check out Jemma's outfit in the top picture. It is a new one made by her and Grandma. The girls are going to remember all the fun moments spent sewing together. They will all remember how Grandma came to stay for two whole months. It's sad that it took a crisis for all this to come about, but I'm thankful the kids are able to spend so much time with their Grandmother.

We have even managed to have a few minutes some afternoons to all go out and play together.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear the hospital visits were planned, and I'm glad to hear you got out for a run. That did your soul good, I am sure.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got your time as well as some much needed fun family time!! Thank you for sharing at Happy Family Times!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...