Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Fair Isle Knitted Hat and Mittens

One of the things that has been keeping me busy in the hospital is knitting. Last winter I made these fair isle mittens. The project took an entire year to complete. I wanted a hat to go with the mittens, so I began this one. I finished it in under two weeks. I guess that's what happens when you have less to focus on.

I told Jemma I was going to make her a hat next. After spending some time laying out the design, she decided to make a design of her own. So......... I've decided to make the hat she designed. Can you guess what it will look like? I'm not telling. You'll have to wait and see....... you might have to wait a long time because we are supposed to be going home on Friday. That means less time to knit, but more time at home doing normal stuff.







* I did not receive any compensation for this recommendation. I'm just a homeschooling mom who has found many products that I like. If you're interested in the products I recommend on this blog I want to make it easy for you to find them. 
** I am an Amazon associate and receive a small portion of the sales on orders made after clicking in from this site, which I promptly spend on homeschooling books and supplies for my children.

3 comments:

  1. The hat and mitten are wonderful! It is so cool that you are going to create her design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hat and mittens are amazing! I am so glad to hear you will hopefully be going home, I cannot imagine what a life changing event this has been for all of you! We are continuing to keep your family in our prayers. I have nominated your blog for the Leibster Blog Award, you can read about it on my blog post here http://mamaofmanyblessings.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-first-blog-award.html. Congratulations on making such a wonderful blog!!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...