Friday, April 13, 2012

Hohenecken Castle

Built in the 12th century and ultimately destroyed during the 17th century Hohenecken Castle is another interesting castle ruin to explore. It is close to Burg Nanstein and visits to the two castles can be easily combined for a nice day trip. Barenloch Park in Kindsbach is located between the two castles and a great picnic stop.



Visiting these castles makes our homeschool history lessons come alive. The Door in the Wall by Marguerite De Angeli is a great story to go with visiting European Castles.



* I did not receive any compensation for this recommendation. I'm just a homeschooling mom who has found many products that I like. If you're interested in the products I recommend on this blog I want to make it easy for you to find them. 
** I am an Amazon associate and receive a small portion of the sales on orders made after clicking in from this site, which I promptly spend on homeschooling books and supplies for my children.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing field trip. I would love to visit there one day. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love old castles and imagining life that used to live there. I haven't heard of that story will try to find it at our library:) thanks for linking up to the Home school field trip hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting old castles is right up at the top of my list of things to do when I visit Europe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...