Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Water Wheel


I previously wrote about the Discover and Do Science Experiment curriculum which has been a big hit in our house. Using this program the kids built a water wheel from cardboard disks, egg cartons, and a skewer. First they cut two circles out of cardboard and punched holes in the middle. Then they cut up the egg carton into individual cups. They stapled the egg carton cups to the cardboard disks in a circular formation with the cups facing outward. The skewer was inserted into the holes and it was finished. Then they tested it.





This post is linked to:
Show and Share Saturday
Mums Make Lists

8 comments:

  1. Bother, I accidentally closed it before I clicked publish.

    Would you be willing to share the steps in making this? I'd love to have my kids make one.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure - I just updated the post to include some instructions. It was actually very simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great, simple demonstration. My boys would love to do this. And I agree with Ticia, it would be great for a Mississippi study.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for linking up at Homeschool FreeBEE Friday at Gricefully Homeschooling. Such a neat project! Hope to see you again. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this - we just saw a water wheel boat in Savannah - the boys will have to make this one for sure! from FreeBee Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a fun science project! It would be a good one for our summer bucket list next year. Thanks for the links too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like fun! I also love that it is made out of recycled materials.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute idea! Pinning for later!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...